photo by: matt roy

photo by: matt roy

The folks behind next weekend’s Love Yoga Fest happening on Cape Cod believe that by “inviting fellow yogis to practice in community on their little sand bar, they can create positive energy for their beloved community enabling it to grow and in turn catalyze the sort of shifts we all want to see in the world.”  In staying true to their mission, Kate Sheehan and her team of organizers are pulling out all of the stops with this year’s line-up of presenters.  Among those on the bill this summer is internationally known visual artist and yogi, Amanda Giacomini.  Amanda’s yoga journey began in 1994, and is ever blossoming as she continues to study with many great Indian and Western masters.  In 2001, along with her husband MC YOGI, she founded Yoga Toes Studio in Point Reyes, CA.  There you will still find her teaching her weekly (gentle) yoga classes.  On her creative website, Ms. Giacomini shares a favorite quote from Thich Nhat Hanh, “You have to do it yourself, no one can do it alone.”  She shares his wisdom because in her words, “It’s a beautiful message: while we each have to do our own work, the power of practicing in community is undeniable.”  All weaves in rather seamlessly with the spirit of Love Yoga Fest

When she is not on the road presenting at special events such as Love Yoga Fest, Amanda can be found out painting her way through her Ten Thousand Buddhas series.  “This body of work began with a pilgrimage to India and evolved into an artistic journey to create Ten Thousand Buddhas.  I have painted over 3,500 and counting. The Buddhas have appeared on large scale public murals from California to Miami, tiny panels gilded with 22 karat gold, oil paintings, screen prints on paper, and replicas of antique wooden Tibetan prayers wheels.”  You can sample the artist’s creations and follow her progress with this series on Instagram.

Amanda and her husband continue to travel, teach, and perform together all over the world.  Keep current with her schedule through Facebook.

wind up… how do you wind up, prepare for the week ahead? 

A 15 minute meditation followed by 108 Ganesh mantras makes me feel ready for anything!

and, when you need to exhale, what’s your other direction? 

Submerging in water is always best way for me to let go of any accumulated stress . A bath with some nice essential oils does the trick. When possible, spa day or hot springs.

favorite high-powered snack?

Go Macro Organic Cashew Bars

what three things are you never without?

My husband, my iphone, and an arsenal of Ayurvedic herbs – I like Organic India’s’ Joy formula, Tumeric, and Triphala.

the sound of music… you have room for 5 tracks on your playlist, they are?

“Walk Quietly”, by Trevor Hall

“Dancing in the Sun (acoustic version), by MC YOGI

“Into Space”, by DJ Drez & Marti Nikko

“Rise Up”, by Andra Day

“Flying with You” (off of new Ritual Mystical album with East Forest), by MC YOGI

what one book have you most often give as a gift?

Eknath Easwaran’s translation of the Upanishads

bliss pose?

Savasana. Total surrender. It’s the only way to go.

finish the sentence? i’d like to teach the world to…

Awaken to their own power.