EDITOR-IN-CHIEF OF LA YOGA MAGAZINE AND PRESIDENT OF THE BLISS NETWORK

sideplank

So excited to be welcoming Felicia (along with Brock and Krista Cahill) to Boston on Super Bowl Sunday for SUPERFLOW.  Great to catch up with her here in advance of her upcoming east coast appearance…

wind up…  how do you wind up, prepare for the week ahead?

Waking up before the sun rises and stepping onto the mat. I love the peace and possibility of the early morning hours.

and, when you need to exhale…  what’s your other direction?

I love sound healing–Tibetan bowls, crystal bowls, a deep soothing gong meditation. And of course, a Yin Yoga session or a good savasana.

favorite high powered snack?

Fresh avocado, by far. Close second–chickpeas. I’m always trying out new recipes. And third–crispy seaweed.

felicia:lulu smaller

what three things are you never without?

Definitely my dog Lulu (people greet her first), a cup of tea in a reusable mug, a book or two in my bag for a bit of inspiration on the go.

the sound of music…   you have room for 5 tracks on your playlist, they are?

This is tough!

1.  Rakhe Rakhan Har by Erin Breech (Ra Ma Records)

2. Everything that Rises by Moby

3. Radioactive by Imagine Dragons

4. Set Fire to the Rain by Adele

5. Tie for a Thievery Corporation song….one of these: Take My Soul, Satyam Shivam Sundram, or Lebanese Blonde

Bonus track: Empty by Ray Lamontagne 

your bible…  what one book do you turn to time and time again for inspiration?

While I have a large stack beside my bed, some of my current go-tos are The Untethered Soul by Michael Singer, Mastery by George Leonard, and The War of Art by Steven Pressfield

best part of your day?

A hot shower is one of my favorite rituals, but anything to do with water, drinking water, hot tea, hot baths, gazing out over the ocean. Second, the soothing sanctuary of meditation. Downward facing dog. Sitting with my puppy. Sharing a cup of tea with friends and family. Watching the sun rise, seeing the moon in the night sky.