With over 12 years of experience on her mat, Kerri can be found leading classes at Center Yoga in Lynnfield and also at Yoga Moves in Stoneham.  You can also catch Kerri on January 24th from 1 – 3PM when she leads her signature arm balance workshop, Flow and Fly, at Center Yoga.  Register in advance through the studio’s website!

wind up…  how do you wind up, prepare for the week ahead?

I am a planner so I reflect on the upcoming week, schedule, etc.  I think about what I want to focus on, not only on my mat but for myself as well. “Weekly goals” you could call it.  I prep for my classes by researching information on poses I want to focus on and readings to share for that week – along with some new music to integrate in with the practice if I plan to use music that day.  Sometimes I like students to just listen to the music of their breath…  My, what an amazing symphony!

and, when you need to exhale…  what’s your other direction?

When I need to exhale I take a little “Kerri” time. One of my favorite things to do is walk Breakheart reservation in Saugus and cut through some of the trails.  Nothing like being immersed into mother nature to make you reflect, breathe and smile!

DSC_0664

favorite high powered snack?

My favorite high powered snack is Fage yogurt with a dollop of Teddies’ Unsalted Peanut Butter topped with Raspberries.  Yummy for my tummy! 🙂

the sound of music…   you have room for 5 tracks on your playlist, they are?

My current playlist contains…

Wonderwall by Ryan Adams

Grace by Moby

10 Laws by East Forest

Remi by Kyson

Wonderful by Lucius

your bible…  what one book do you turn to time and time again for inspiration?

Journey to the Heart, it is my absolute go to when life throws bumps, twists and calm.  I carry it with me everywhere I go!

Interview compiled by Susan Currie