olson_3_boston_yoga

Kristin Olson, the studio owner at Home Yoga in Andover, is widely known for her intelligent sequencing and precise instruction – skills she has honed over many years under the guidance of her mentor Natasha Rizopoulos. When she is not at home caring for her three young children, she can be found sharing her deep knowledge of yoga and its intricacies through both her signature 300 hour advanced teacher training program and her public classes. In 2015 Home Yoga was voted “best yoga studio” by Northshore magazine.  Check out Kristin’s Flow classes combining Ashtanga’s emphasis on connecting breath with movement and Iyengar’s emphasis on proper alignment at the studio’s Chestnut Street location.  And, stay tuned for Poise, Kristin’s brand new signature series with Find Bliss Boston.  Poise, an ongoing feature, will guide practitioners in creating balance and elegance in asana.

wind up…  how do you wind up, prepare for the week ahead? 

I prepare for the week ahead by making sure everything is in order by Sunday night: emails answered, sequences written, schedule of when I’ll tackle work and when I’ll practice, clothes washed and plenty of food to fill my kids lunch boxes for the week. Staying organized is the only way I can navigate the week.

and, when you need to exhale…  what’s your other direction? 

There’s nothing better than a long hold in supported Supta Badda Konasana with as many props as I can find…  followed by a glass of wine.

olson_1_boston_yoga

go to high powered snack? 

Chickpeas!

dream team, if you could practice with any two teachers…  they would be?

Natasha Rizopoulos and Patricia Walden

what three things are you never without?

A ponytail, a scarf and the necklaces my daughters gave me.

the sound of music…   you have room for 5 tracks on your playlist, they are?

BaBa by Sigur Ros, California by Jamestown Revival, Song for Zula by Phosphorescent, California Stars by Billy Bragg & Wilco, and Daughter by Loudon Wainwright III.

olson_2_boston_yoga

your bible…  what one book do you turn to time and time again for inspiration?

Joan Didion’s The White Album

bliss pose?

Pascimotanasana

finish the sentence.  i’d like to teach the world to...  slow down.

Profile compiled by Susan Currie.  Images by Susan Currie Creative.