DSC_7683-Edit

Meet … Sandy Snyder, North Shore Yoga Instructor at The Yoga Loft Wilmington, Repose in Newburyport, Solstice Power in Lynnfield and Crossfit Full Potential in Newburyport.

wind up…  how do you wind up, prepare for the week ahead?

No need to “wind up” (lol), I am always in yoga mode. I teach on Sunday, so Monday tends to be my “get it together day”. I will get to Crossfit and usually a yoga class as well. These two seem so different to most people but both are very strong sanghas (communities). I will also take a few moments to get my schedule set, meals for the week and set an intention for my week.

and, when you need to exhale…  what’s your other direction?

I will generally find my way onto a body workers table. I am fortunate to have someone who has worked on me for several years, and she is amazing! This is my go-to for re-charging. I am pretty busy with my yoga practice as well as Crossfit, so body work is just something I make time for.

favorite high powered snack?

Hemp seeds! I mix a few spoonfuls into almond or coconut milk and blend it, sometimes with a banana. So much energy and power in those little things! 

what things are you never without?

Yoga mats (there are 3 in my car now)

BC Essentials “stress relief” oil blend” (My Crossfitters love this one in Savasana)

the sound of music…   you have room for 5 tracks on your playlist, they are?

Make it Rain, by Ed Sheeran

Teardrop, by Massive Attack

Until The Morning, by Thievery Corporation

Miss You, by Trentmoller

Sombience, by Rama

your bible…  what one book do you turn to time and time again for inspiration?

DSC_7668-Edit-3

Anything by Thich Nhat Hanh…. my recent fave is “Fear”. This particular book has a way of grounding me within just a few paragraphs.

what makes you happy?

Hmmmm…. so many things! My friends, my family…  I love surprises too! Nothing makes me happier than when I have a few minutes of downtime and get to connect with a friend, even if it’s just for 15 minutes. Even better if we can sneak in a yoga class!

Yoga Loft

Solstice Power Yoga

Crossfit Full Potential

Repose Yoga

PROFILE COMPILED BY SUSAN CURRIE